Average Weekly Cost: ?
Since we gave our first classes in 2000, we’ve helped 17,500+ students improve their Spanish. Over that time we’ve had the chance to observe our most satisfied students, the ones that leave comments like:
“without a doubt the best decision I ever made”
“she was the best teacher I’ve ever had – wow!”
“I can’t imagine there’s a better school in all of South America”.
Usually these students possess most, and in many cases all, of the below traits.
+ TRAIT #1 You Want to REALLY Learn Spanish, not Just “Get By”
+ TRAIT #2 You Hold an Appreciation for the Art of Teaching.
+ TRAIT #3 You Call Learning Spanish an “Investment”, Not a “Cost”
+ TRAIT #4 You Love Meeting Interesting People & Making New Friends
+ TRAIT #5 You Prefer Conversation Over Grammar Drills
1. Focused speaking & listening. 10 conversation lessons.
- This is for you if your grammar is very solid but you are weak in conversation. Very common for people that have aced college courses, yet struggle to actually use Spanish.
$125 – $150 per week
2. Standard Group: Conversation + Grammar
- Our most common package. 10 conversation and 10 grammar lessons. Here you advance both parts of your Spanish foundation. Each section (grammar/conversation) is taught separately to ensure a balance.
$150 – $225 per week
3. Premium: Standard Group + Private
- The standard group plus 5 one-to-one lessons. This allows you to participate in our popular Standard Group program plus have five hours of private lessons to shore up any problem areas.
$235 – $310 per week
4. Private Only: Full-time private course.
- Maximum individual attention. 20 individual lessons. This is appropriate if you prefer a one-on-one learning experience and/or you want to progress at a different pace than the standard group.
$325 – $425 per week
3 activities with extra charge, student pays only the cost of the activity.
The most famous weekday activities: cooking classes, Salsa Dance, BBQ with students and friends, bike city tours, tarde de Mercados.
The most famous weekend excursions:
Valparaiso and Viña de Mar, Pucon - South trip, La Serena Trip, Pichilemu and surf class, treking + horse back riding + camping at the andeas, trip to las siete tazas. One day excursions: Rafting, treking al Glaciar el Morado, Isla Negra, cabalgata a la luz de la luna, Pomaire potery town, Treking to PN La Campana, ect.
1. Shared Apartment
Single room, No meals
US$ 205.00 per week
* Arrival out of check-in time: US$50.00
* WiFi: US$25.00 per week.
* Distance from school: 45 minutes by public transport Includes: TV, Phone, Towels, Bedding/linen, Weekly cleaning, Kitchen, Access to Wifi in building, No meals, Shared bathroom.
Single room, Half board
US$250.00 per week
* Walking distance: US$50 per week.
* Special diet (Vegetarians, Celiac, lactose intolerance, Diabetes and others): US$60.00 per week.
* WiFi: US$25.00 per week.
Includes: TV, Phone, Towels, Bedding/linen, Weekly cleaning, Kitchen, Heating, Air conditioning, Half board AND shared bathroom.
Here are what some people who used Ecela Spanish Chile said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.