Average Weekly Cost: ?
Our school has been teaching Spanish as a foreign language since 1986. We are located in Granada, one of the most fascinating cities in Andalusia. The Spanish language courses are held throughout the year. The friendly atmosphere and personal touch of our classes as well as Granada's Andalusian charm will turn your language holidays into an unforgettable experience.
Our school building, characterised by its Andalusian style, its friendly classrooms, and its beautiful courtyard, retains much of the charm and intimacy of a family home. It is situated in a quiet location just ten walking minutes away from Granada city centre. Students from all over the world and from different age groups participate in our courses all year round. An extensive cultural programme always complements the programmes.
Escuela Montalbán is accredited by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes since 2002. With 1000 students every year we can be considered as a medium-sized Spanish language school.
We are a member of Tandem International with a network of language schools in Europe and overseas.
1. Spanish Standard Course with 4 lessons of 45 minutes per day
2. Spanish Intensive Course with 5 lessons of 45 minutes per day
3. Spanish Superintensive Course with 6 lessons of 45 minutes per day
Group courses and private classes
1. Standard-Plus 1: Standard Course with 4 group lessons and 1 private lesson per day
2. Standard-Plus 2: Standard Course with 4 group lessons and 2 private lessons per day
3. One-to-One Spanish tution
4. Culture workshops
5. Writing workshops
6. Conversation course
1. Preparation Courses for the official D.E.L.E. exams: 8 weeks
2. Preparation Courses for the official D.E.L.E. exams: 4 weeks
3. Preparation Courses for the official D.E.L.E. exams: 2 weeks
Spanish for specific purposes
1. Business Spanish
2. Spanish for Tourism
3. Medical Spanish
1. Group courses for C1/C2 levels; starting dates every Monday
Spanish for Body & Mind
1. Spanish and Flamenco (dance/singing/guitar/cajón)
2. Spanish and Tango
3. Spanish and Salsa
4. Spanish and horseback riding
5. Spanish and rock climbing
6. Spanish and mountain biking
6. Spanish and hiking
7. Spanish and photo walks
8. Spanish and Yoga
9. Spanish and cooking
10. Spanish and ceramic tile painting
11. The culture of Al-Andalus
1. Spanish language programmes for organized groups
2. Spanish at a teacher's home
Cours starting dates: every Monday
Level groups: maximum 8 students
Spanish levels: A0/A1/A2/B1/B2/C1/C2
Lessons: from Monday to Friday
Duration of every lesson: 45 minutes
Our Cultural Programme
- Conferences concerning present-day topics of interest or Moorish culture.
- Film sessions dedicated to particular Spanish directors.
- Visits to the Arabic bath Aljibe de San Miguel.
- Theatre and Flamenco concerts.
- Guided tours to the Alhambra or the old Moorish quarter of the Albaicín.
- Trips to villages in the surrounding area, or to the beach.
- Wine tasting; tapa tours.
- Oliveoil Tours to Nigüelas.
- Guided visit to St. Joseph's cemetery.
Every weekend we offer interesting travel options lasting from one to several days in Andalusia, including trips to Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, the Costa Tropical, the Alpujarras, different natural parks and Northern-Morocco.
We offer the following accommodation options:
- Accommodation with use of kitchen facilities in shared flats with students from the school.
- Accommodation with use of kitchen facilities in shared flats with Spanish residents.
- Host family accommodation with breakfast, half board or full board.
- Accommodation in a Student Residence with breakfast, half board or full board.
- Accommodation in a Hotel or Hostel.
- Accommodation in a self-catering apartment.
- Accommodation in a Casa Rural.
- Apartment at a teacher's home.
- Instituto Cervantes since 2002
- D.E.L.E. examination centre
- SIELE examination centre
- Tandem International
- Association of Spanish language schools in Granada.
- Granada Chamber of Commerce
- Madrid Chamber of Commerce
- Association of Spanish language schools in Andalusia (EEA)
- National Federation of Spanish language schools in Spain (FEDELE)
- Accreditation for the CSN Programme of the Swedish Government.
- In Germany, recognition of Spanish courses as professional training "Bildungsurlaub"
- ERASMUS+ grants
(Escuela Montalbán is registered on the European Commission Authentication Service (ECAS) with the PIC number 945463269)
Here are what some people who used Margret Fortmann said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is 5/5.
How would you rate the general teaching of this language instructor? - 5/5
How is their preparation for each lesson? - 5/5
Do they show up on time for each lesson? - 5/5
Do you think you can reach your goal with this instructor? - 5/5
Would you recommend this instructor to friends? - 5/5
I was 3 months at Escuela Montalbán in Granada doing an Intensive Spanish course, which included 2 classes of grammar and 2 conversation classes per day. I started from the very beginning and improved my Spanish very quickly thanks to a professionalism of the teachers and very well selected groups. In fact, I was able to communicate with other students with the same level of Spanish, which helped us learn Spanish more efficiently with a help of a teacher and have fun as well. The staff of the Spanish school was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Paco. In the first day they helped me with my accommodation, informed me about different possibilities and important places in the city, and helped me get my debit card in a bank, which was incredibly important as well. The accommodation was provided by the school. In the apartment I lived with 4 Spanish persons, who helped me boost my Spanish and experience Spanish culture and traditions. They were very friendly, kind and open-minde