Average Weekly Cost: ?
Full Immersion is our most intensive course designed for a duration of one or two weeks. Participants combine 30 One-to-One lessons in the classroom with 15 lessons outside class in the company of a teacher. Full Immersion is aimed at senior company employees with limited time who looking to make rapid progress.
Before the course participants are asked to complete a Needs Analysis, to enable the Director of Studies to select suitable teachers. Following a interview on the first day, the course content is designed and agreed with the student.
The activities outside class are arranged as far as possible to meet individual wishes. Participants are accompanied by a teacher or other senior member of staff. The excursions may include museums, art galleries, cathedrals, sightseeing etc.
There is a lot to do in London! Lunch is included and will take place in restaurants, cafes and pubs near the school, or possibly near or in a museum or art gallery. Please note, there is a limited lunch budget, we cannot take you to the Ritz!
At the end of the course a report is issued detailing course content, progress and suggestions for the future.
• The course price includes:
• Lunch every course day with a teacher or other senior member of staff.
• Three accompanied activites per week
• The cost of the activities, entry fees and transport
• All course materials and books
• End of course report
• General English Course AM
• General English Course PM
• Intensive English Course
• Super Intensive English Course
• Business English Course
• Private English Courses
• Full Immersion
Exam Preparation Courses
• IELTS Exam Preparation
• Cambridge FCE Preparation
• Cambridge CAE Preparation
• TOEIC Exam Preparation
• TOEFL Exam Preparation
• Other Exam Preparation
Learning English at our school is not just about hard work. We believe that after your studies you need to relax and enjoy yourself in your free-time, using your English to meet people, make friends and learn something about our way of life and culture.
We have an active social program, which includes everything from museum trips to city visits. Every Friday afternoon we all go to the pub, and we also organise regular restaurant outings. In summer we enjoy the Victoria School Barbecue, Sports Day, and International Day.
Many of these activities are free. When you do have to pay entrance fees or excursion costs we negotiate the lowest possible price for our students. Naturally you will also probably arrange activities yourself with friends and classmates from the school. See pictures of some of our social activities.
Regular activities include:
• Visits to theatres, cinemas, musicals and concerts
• Guided walks through the historical and cultural areas of London such as:
• Covent Garden
• Trafalgar Square
Visits to sightseeing attractions such as:
• Tower Bridge
• Buckingham Palace
• Hyde Park
• St. Paul's Cathedral
• West Minster Abbey
• Big Ben
• Tower of London
• Various sporting activities such as football,
• Visits to the famous galleries and museums such as:
• Tate National Gallery
• Tate Modern Gallery
• National Gallery
• Natural History Museum
• British Museum
• Victoria & Albert Museum
• Visits to some of the hidden away galleries and museums of London
• Excursions to places of interest e.g. Canterbury, Cambridge, Brighton, Stratford-upon-Avon and Stonehenge
• River boat trips
• Pub and restaurant evenings
• The occasional barbecue at the South London home of the directors
• Video afternoons and topical lectures at the school
I• nternational Day at the school
• Weekend trips to European cities such as (Edinburgh, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels) in collaboration with Hallam Anderson Tours
Homestay in London
Most of our students live with English-speaking families in pleasant areas of South London from where it is easy to reach the school. Our families are carefully chosen and personally visited by us. They provide a single bedroom, breakfast and evening meal seven days a week for a reasonable cost.
We believe that this "homestay" accommodation is a very important part of learning English. You become part of a family experiencing the British way of life and, most of all, using English in everyday conversation. It is also probably the cheapest for you to find comfortable accommodation, which includes most of your meals, in a really friendly atmosphere.
We can also help you find hotels, apartments and rental housing near the schools.
Accredited by the British Council of Education.
Here are what some people who used Victoria School of English said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.