Cecilia's Fun Facts
My name is Cecilia and I´m from Buenos Aires. I am a Certified Spanish Teacher for Foreigners (ELE) and have been teaching for over 10 years now. I also have a degree in Spanish and Public Relations.
My passion for the Spanish language began as a child as my mom is a French Latin and Spanish teacher so very early I learned the particularities of this field. As I grew old I was able to make this passion my profession and become a teacher myself.
I have experience teaching adults of all nationalities and levels (A1-C2) in different schools supported by Salamanca University. I have done group classes, one to one classes and online classes as well as preparation courses for DELE - CELU - CEI exams, Business Spanish, conversational and many other Spanish Courses for Foreigners.
I also speak English and Portuguese, and I´m learning Italian now, which gives me a better perspective about the difficulties and advantages each student may have so I can design their learning scheme as efficient way as possible.
That's why I prepare the classes beforehand, according to the needs and objectives of each student, designing a study plan for each individual learner, even though it's essential that the student is committed to the classes, as learning a new language requires dedication.
I offer dynamic and laid back classes, but at the same time committed and lively, that include homework from class to class and a test level before initiating.
Their Current Time Zone is:(GMT -3:00) America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires
They Can Teach These Specialized Courses:DELE, ECELE, Custom Professional, Spanish for Tourists, Spanish for Business, Spanish for Medical, Spanish for Teachers
They Can Teach The Following Age Groups:Children, Adolescents, College, Adults, Seniors
Spanish as a Second Language Teacher, ICEBECE Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina | July 2018 - Present
- Teach three separate classes daily for undergraduates in preparation for DELE, CELU, CEI, SIELE certifications required for University of Buenos Aires entrance.
- Plan and lead student city excursions to reinforce language skills.
- Work to motivate students with outside and additional suggested activities for further language comprehension,.
- Create practical and specific activities targeted to individual student's needs.
Auxiliary Professor, Public Relations, Universidad Abierta Interamericana, Buenos Aires, Argentina | February 2017 - November 2018
- Guided advanced undergraduate with the creation and advancement of their theses.
- Held workshops on writing, text comprehension and narrative cohesion.
Private Tutor, Buenos Aires, Argentina | 2008 - Present
- Work one-on-one with elementary through university students in subjects including Spanish, Math, English, and reading.
Sales Executive, GRUPO RAS, Buenos Aires, Argentina | 2012 - 2017
- Worked from executive assistant to imports and exports sales executive in 3 years.
- Exceeded yearly goals for sea, land and air freights.
- Managed and coordinated logistics between the multiple parties from preparation of the cargo to final delivery.
- Built and oversaw a base of over 100 clients.
Spanish Teacher, IONIA INC.| Kasilof, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska, United States
- Prepared and taught three classes daily, ranging from kindergarten to adults.
Universidad Nacional de La Matanza, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- BA in Public Relations | 2011
- BA in Spanish | 2008
CERTIFICATIONS / AFFILIATIONS
- Teaching Spanish As Second Language Certification. A1 to C2 levels
University of Salamanca, Spain
I enjoy meeting new people from all over the world, learning about our differences and similarities. Absolutely love travelling, doing sports, spending time outdoors, exploring new places..
Also love sunsets, a cup of coffee and a nice chat, a good book, my nephews, my family, my loved ones.
Cooking healthy meals and sharing it with others.